Oct 9, 2010

Coconut Curried-Kuri Squash Soup

As far as I know, I didn't win the contest I mentioned a couple of posts back...in fact, I'm not sure the winner has been announced yet...

I burned out after two recipes but made this one the other day and thought I'd share it.

Ingredients:

Kuri squash - peeled, seeded and cubed. (Acorn, butternut, etc work well too.) Enough to fill the pot.
Homemade chicken stock (I used 6 cups)
1 can of coconut milk (I like Native Forest Organic because the company claims there's no BPA in the can.)
1 large onion
Fresh ginger root, grated
Curry powder to taste (I like Frontier)
Celtic salt to taste

Tools you'll need:

Large stock pot (at least 8 quart)
Knife
Grater
Peeler
Immersion blender

Directions:

Saute onion in butter or coconut oil in a large stock pot.
Add chicken stock and coconut milk.
Add grated ginger.
Add cubed squash to top of pot and cover with lid.

Cook until squash is soft and falling apart.
Remove pot from stove and puree with immersion blender. 
Add curry powder and salt to taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment