Jan 11, 2010

Le Creuset + Not Enough Liquid = Bad Day

I left 2 lbs of beef cubes simmering on the lowest setting in 4 cups of homemade beef stock in my large Le Creuset pot (with the lid on) and came home to an awful smell and an even more awful-looking beloved pot. All I can think was that the burner wasn't actually down as low as I thought it was. I was thisclose to putting it in the slow cooker but didn't feel like digging it out of the cabinet...ahhhh, laziness. The cost of laziness when we're talking about grass-fed beef and homemade bone broth...

I couldn't bring myself to take a picture. I soaked it, scrubbed it, simmered it and finally resorted to lightly rubbing it with steel wool (((shudder))). It's clean now, and I can't see any scratches, but my house smells horrible.

After a full day of 2 appointments, the post office, the library, the store and gym class, I'm really glad that I took 2 lbs of ground beef out of the freezer this morning and that burgers and cauliflower don't take long to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment