Feb 11, 2010

Snow!

We've had twice as much snow in the last 5 days than we do in a typical year. I LOVE snow storms, maybe as much as thunder storms and our most recent storm was the best of both worlds. I've never in my life heard thunder or seen lightening during a snow storm, until last evening. It was stunning. Branches cracked and fell nearby from the weight of the snow, cars were buried; invisible, roads were empty, and all was quiet (minus the thunder & snapping branches) as the snow continued to pour from the sky.

We awoke to a gloriously blue cloudless sky, sun shining, snow shimmering and the noise of a crow chasing a hawk overhead.

I measured just over 20" in our yard:


The question was: What to DO with all of this snow? We ended up with a street-full of snow piled up all along our side yard. Despite it blocking their usual sledding paths, the kids aren't complaining.
Luna and Sol stayed inside, cuddling in the warmth of the sun:


No comments:

Post a Comment