My "due date" was March 12 but I tried hard to pop this baby out for R. on his birthday! I drank red raspberry leaf tea all.day.long. on March 10th. The day passed and nighttime fell upon us... Then at 11:30pm, I felt a funny twinge. Suddenly, I was afraid that I'd have the baby in that last half hour of March 10th!
After a previous one hour labor, the two hours of labor seemed like forever. Samual was born at 1:22am on March 11, his Daddy's 38th birthday. He weighed in at 8lbs, 4.5 oz and was 22" long. And boy could he nurse!
Samual is a special blessing that I'm thankful for every day. When I was 12.5 weeks pregnant, I had a sub-chorionic hemorrhage and thought for sure I'd lost him. At the ER, the ultrasound wand rolled over my belly and stopped. I wasn't able to look at the screen, afraid to see a still heart and then the technician asked me to take a look. There was my little Samual, bouncing around like he was on a trampoline! Tears of joy, fear and hope spilled from my eyes. It was a rough month ahead, off and on bleeding, a 50/50 chance of miscarriage and trying my best to rest and not to worry.
In the end, I was blessed with a healthy and happy baby boy who has grown into a sweet, affectionate, laid-back, go-with-the-flow, energetic, knight-and-dragon loving, very tall, beautiful and compassionate little man. He's full of hugs, kisses and cuddles for his lucky Mama who never turns down affection from her little 'Samwich.'
Last couple of days on the inside!
Happy Birthday Daddy & Samual!
Brand New (with "Granola"):
Welcome Samual!:
Sophie (3 yrs) & Samual (1 month):
Summer 2006, Samual, 6 months:
One:
Two:
Three:
Four!
































No comments:
Post a Comment