I miss my Dad.
Today we should be gathered around the outdoor table, grilling steaks, steaming crab legs, drinking cocktails and beer while Dad indulges in a cigar while reading the newspaper or a favorite magazine with his playlist humming in the background.
This Father's Day is a day of loss for all of us here. My Mom and sister & I are sharing out first fatherless Father's Day together. I wonder if my Mom feels it more, having recently lost her father, and then the father of her children just weeks later?
I'll get past this, and his birthday, and the holidays, and the anniversary - and then perhaps it will get easier with each passing year.
Cheers Dad! I picture you relaxing under a beach umbrella, the tops of your feet pink from the sun, a newspaper spread before you, listening to the calls of sea gulls and the crashing of waves. Happy Father's Day, I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment